Your child’s brain is forming 700 new neural connections every second—there’s no other time in life when their brain will be so open to learning or so influenced by their learning environment.
For this reason, choosing your child’s Pre-School could be one of the most important decisions that you make about their education. You want to find a setting that lays a foundation for a lifetime of passionate learning, one that will nurture and guide your child as they set off on their educational journey.
What we provide:
- Our core difference is our staff; a highly experienced and caring team who are committed to providing the very best early years education through up-to-date training including most recently the well-regarded ‘Singapore maths’ and Phase 1 phonics.
- We aim to provide a home-from-home environment in our cosy well-equipped classroom where the children call the staff by their first names, and are offered healthy nutritious meals.
- We highly value our close relationships with our families. Parents are always welcome to spend time in Pre-School, whether to chat about your child’s development, volunteering, through the Weare School app or Parent Consultation evenings.
- Our program includes regularly scheduled enrichment activities which may include dance, cookery, Forest School and French.
- Our expansive grounds, as well as our indoor space are specifically designed to meet the young child’s need for gross and fine motor development. Our curriculum heavily focuses on the Prime areas of Learning: Communication and Language, Physical Development and Listening and Attention, all in preparation for their first year at school.
- We work very closely with Weare Academy First School and the Reception Class team. Each week Mrs Packer, the Reception Class Teacher spends time in the Pre-School and reads the children a story, with additional phonic activities from the Spring Term.