Aims and objectives of our curriculum
To fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum and the locally agreed syllabus for Religious Education.
To ensure that through the delivery and design of our school curriculum we empower our children to:
- Feel safe and valued as part of a caring community that celebrates effort and achievement
- Be independent thinkers and learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and cooperatively
- Develop an ‘enquiring mind’ and ask questions
- Be confident enough to take risks in their learning
- Experience and actively participate in a relevant, enjoyable curriculum that evolves to meet the needs of all
- Be able to listen and articulate responses, showing consideration towards others
- Be polite and courteous
- Be proactive in their responsibilities towards the community, society, the environment and economy, linking ‘real life’ with their learning
- Understand and respect diversity
- Be aware of and recognise their own learning needs and be involved in planning future steps
- Develop a sense of self-esteem: be well balanced and healthy individuals
For more detail on each class curriculum please visit the Class Pages, by following the 'Children's' signpost.
Our 'curriculum drivers'
ENQUIRY - CREATIVITY - COMMUNITY - ENTERPRISE
Our curriculum drivers are central to our topic based planning for teaching and learning. They serve to add depth and focus to the provision of a broad, rich and balanced curriculum. Please look at the curriculum drivers page for more information.