Aims and objectives of our curriculum
- To fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum and the locally agreed syllabus for Religious Education.
- The aims of our school curriculum are to enable our children to:
- Feel safe and valued as part of a caring community that celebrates effort and achievement
- Be independent thinkers and learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and cooperatively
- Develop an ‘enquiring mind’ and ask questions
- Be confident enough to take risks in their learning
- Experience and actively participate in a relevant, enjoyable curriculum that evolves to meet the needs of all
- Be able to listen and articulate responses, showing consideration towards others
- Be polite and courteous
- Be proactive in their responsibilities towards the community, society, the environment and economy, linking ‘real life’ with their learning
- Understand and respect diversity
- Be aware of and recognise their own learning needs and be involved in planning future steps
- Develop a sense of self-esteem: be well balanced and healthy individuals
For more detail on each class curriculum please visit the Class Pages, by following the 'Children's' signpost.
Our 'curriculum drivers'
ENQUIRY - CREATIVITY - COMMUNITY - ENTERPRISE
These curriculum drivers are central to our topic based planning for teaching and learning. They serve to add depth and focus to the provision of a broad and balanced curriculum. Please look at the curriculum drivers page for more information.