1. The Daily Five - Maths
Have a look at today's PowerPoint. We are going to do maths with this jungle picture!
1. Count the different types of animals.
2. How many animals are there altogether?
3. Use a dice or this online dice to add to each type of animal e.g. if I threw a three, there would be five elephants, four giraffes etc.
2. The Daily Five - Literacy
After watching yesterday's video and discussing, complete the following:
Foxes Group - use the same structure as weekend news (first, next and finally). We are going to add another sentence today, 'then'. Write what Okello did in his day.
Rabbits Group - adults write the sentence, leaving a word gap to complete i.e. the child writes the word in capital letters in this example, 'First Okello GETS the water' (try to choose cvc words).
3. The Daily Five - Outside Time
We are going on a garden scavenger hunt using the letters from the word, 'Africa'. Can you find objects around the house or garden that use the same letters?
4. The Daily Five - Project
Following yesterday's project, once the sunset background is dry, add the black design. It could be any animal but the children might like to copy the lion one.
5. The Daily Five - Reading / phonics
Foxes Group - write a sentence to match each picture.
Rabbits Group - write the word to match each picture (boat - coat - loaf).